Thursday, July 30, 2009

Speaking of books...

And now, speaking of books... I got a tentative book list yesterday!!!! So excited!!! Can you tell??

Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (aka The Golden Compass in the US)
Any novels by David Almond, Meg Rosoff and Frank Cottrell Boyce
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne


A mostly British reading list, which is to be expected. Actually, probably good because if it were mostly American, I'd probably have read many of them already. Actually, as it is, I've read the White (when I was little and I can't wait to re-read it!) and Pullman and 2 books by Almond. But the others are unread. Any suggestions? Comments??? =)

3 comments:

  1. Great list! My favorite David Almond is Skellig. I love both Framed and Millions by Boyce. Golden Compass is genius. Ashamed to say I haven't read Meg Rosoff and that I've avoided the Striped Pajamas. Looking forward to your critique. My kind of authors.

    Congrats, Anne!

    --Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cynthia!
    Did you ever see the movie of Millions? I've heard it's quite good, wondering if I need to rent it, or if it will completely spoil the book for me. I just saw in the paper this morning that he has a new one out... Cosmic, I think it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Millions' is one of Older Son's Top Three Movies of All Time. And he's 23 and cinema is to our family as sports are in most others, so he knows what he's talking about. So go for it!

    ReplyDelete