Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My library addiction

I am so addicted to libraries. I think it's my absolute passion for books coupled with my complete cheapskate-ness. I walk into a library and there's all these books, all these stories, all this knowledge--and it's all completely free!

The nice thing about not working right now is that I have the time to read several books a week, so I don't feel so guilty going to the library and coming home with seven books. And I totally think of my books like other people think of a new pair of jeans, or a cute little black dress. Last night I showed Phil my two newest finds, Breathing Underwater by Julia Green and The Dreamwalker's Child by Steve Voake. But I didn't just show him the books. I made him look at the covers, at the blurbs, spun them around a few times. See? Totally obsessed. (I should note that Julia Green and Steve Voake will both be my teachers at Bath Spa, so I'm really excited to have a chance to see what they're writing. By the way, I should also add that Steve Voake's homepage is scary. No, seriously. Turn up the volume on your computer and follow this link. I think I screamed the first time.).

In other book news, I stayed up late last night reading Courtney Summer's CRACKED UP TO BE. The best book I've read in quite a while. I'll tell you all about it later this week (though I might treat myself and reread the whole thing first!).

No comments:

Post a Comment