Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Adverts you won't see in the US

I'd like to start a new occasional series: adverts you won't see in the US. Phil and I have been playing this game for a while, but I think it's a fun one for public consumption, too. Very different standards of what is and isn't appropriate on TV (telly!) in the US vs. UK.

Check out this one from Birdseye for Salmon Fish Fingers.

Now if I can just find the one with the naked girl with the bad teeth...

And, yes. I think that's all I have to say. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Who knew fish sticks could be so racy??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, am I the only one who's more grossed out by the idea of salmon being made into fishsticks than the ad itself?

    Or am I just a Northwest salmon snob? Ground-up salmon--ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he-he-he. No, I completely agree. What a waste of salmon!

    ReplyDelete