Friday, October 23, 2009

Now what do I wear?

In other news, my classmates asked me yesterday if I was going to dress-up for Halloween. Apparently I've ended up with a bunch of Halloween-loving Brits in my class! Who knew? Most people I've bumped into in the UK consider Halloween a crazy American holiday, only suitable for Americans and drunk teenagers.

In the past, I've tried to explain about the joys of a night of pure make-believe for children, a sense of community in caretaking for children and providing goodies. So imagine my happiness in discovering my classmates already completely converted.

We're all dressing up for class Friday. What will I wear???

4 comments:

  1. OK, make sure they really mean this and they aren't just playing an evil British trick on you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah!!! You're going to give me a complex, Keren! I do think they're on board... I hope... =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in, Anne!! I've just spent this morning in a fab shop called the Mad Hatter...3 floors crammed full of fancy dress outfits, fake blood, bats and severed heads!! I can't wait for Friday. What a great excuse to be daft and dress up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I've got part of the costume worked out, but still need to find my tiara. =)

    Can't wait for Friday, either!

    ReplyDelete