Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Favorite Covers

Thanks to everyone who contributed their favorite covers. Here are the results:

From Sarah:

The Night Life of Trees, published by Tara Books, India

Sarah writes: "Oh my, there are a lot of covers and they are all gorgeous. Pick one that you like. This book is a work of art--you should get your hands on a copy." No kidding; while searching for the cover picture, I also saw some of the internal art: beautiful.



Keturah and Lord Death by Martine Leavitt, US cover


From Joanna:

"I LOVE the covers for Megan Whalen Turner's Attolia books; this cover for The Queen of Attolia is literally what made me want to read the series."

The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner



"I've always loved this cover for The Hobbit"

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien



"And I love this cover for Tombs of Atuan; the layout and the illustration and the colors are just gorgeous to me."

The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin


From Keren:

Keren writes, "I love the UK covers for Sarah Dessen's books - petty and clever." Here's Just Listen and That Summer



"And similarly the covers for Fiona Dunbar's Silk Sisters trilogy are very beautiful indeed." Here's Pink Chameleon


From Julia:

Julia writes, "I love covers that have lots to look at" and mentions:

The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart



When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead


Julia also says The Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett makes her feel like a kid again. Not sure I picked the cover you were thinking of, Julia, but this one made me smile!


I hope you don't mind me sorting these by those who suggested them, but so many of your comments had me nodding and smiling--I couldn't not include them.

Likewise, I couldn't not include MY favorites...

Graceling by Kristin Cashore, UK cover


Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma (full wrap around cover)


The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams

This is the first edition, and I apologize the image is so small; I couldn't find any other images. I first read this as a teenager, a book borrowed from a friend's dad. The cover had a cut out, revealing the main character on the inside page. I was endlessly fascinated by the cover and stared at it repeatedly as I read. Clearly, since I still remember it.

It was such a treat to see all the covers. Thank you everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Cool to see all these favorite covers. Makes me want to go out and read the books. Or hold them in my hand and gaze at the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a treat to do this post--I really enjoyed seeing all the covers, too. I keep looking at the pictures over and over--must get myself to a bookstore! =)

    ReplyDelete