Saturday, July 24, 2010

In the post!

Yes, I've mailed my revision of Project Sparkle to my tutor.

The last few days were a scramble. I ended up really taking apart chapters 1-2, re-analyzing and restructuring them. In the end I was happy with those chapters, but I lost a sense of all the previous work I did. I would have loved another day to read over the entire draft. Oh well. I've got two more months to make the changes I know need to be made.

I'll meet with Julia in September. My hope? She loves it, thinks all the changes work, and I can go into smaller scale revisions, working on character development, voice, setting details, etc. Perhaps revise chapters 1-2 a few more times, just for fun.

But we'll see. For now, I'm giving myself a brief break. The blog might be a bit quiet.

Thanks for all of your advice and support these past several weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Lots of people were rooting for you! (We'll take credit for sending positive energy your way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I think this calls for a cookie celebration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks, both! A cookie celebration sounds like a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. You deserve a break after a project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Medeia! I think I need to get back to work now, but have been really enjoying this time off. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've returned to tell you I have a blog award for you.

    ReplyDelete