Friday, August 6, 2010

Thanks... passing on an award!

My blog won an award! Thanks, Medeia!


Medeia Sharif passed The Circle of Friends Award on to me. The rules are simple: pass the award on to five other bloggers, provide a link to their blogs when you do so, and then notify them. You should also check out Medeia's blog about YA books, writing, and life in general. Also, her YA novel, BESTEST. RAMADAN. EVER., comes out from Flux in 2011. Yay!

So, without further ado, The Circle of Friends Award goes to:

Anna Staniszewski

Keren David at Almost True
Andrea Vlahakis at Up the Attic Stairs
AnneB at Making It Up as I Go
Heidi Ayarbe at Feeling Foreign: A writer's life in Columbia

In other news... I got my manuscript suggestions back from my tutor in the mail yesterday. Yes, that's THREE WEEKS before I expected it. I'll probably post more about this next week, but for now...

The good news? Well, that's three weeks more to get those revisions done than I thought I had. And overall she seemed to like it. She suggests some places where the voice falters, a few scenes I might add, a slight plot change, but nothing onerous. Phew!

The bad? There goes my weekend.

Hope you all have a good weekend, whether working or not!

7 comments:

  1. Anne, congratulations on winning this award! AND thanks so much for passing it along to me. :) What a nice way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, thanks so much for passing this award on to me! Good luck with the revisions - it sounds like your tutor definitely thinks you're on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award, Anne! I'm going to have to c heck out Heidi's and Keren's later today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to make all of your days and thanks for being such good blog friends!

    Anna, yes, I think my tutor does think I'm on the right track, though I wish she had written several times something like, "Anne, do not panic, you are absolutely on the right track and will write a good book, promise," but perhaps that's just my mental state at the moment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M IN A "CIRCLE OF FRIENDS!!" That's exciting. You've really, truly made my day. I'm doing a blog this weekend on the fact I'm NOT a social-networking-guru ... kind of tongue-in-cheek ... ;-)
    So thrilled. I will do this today when I need a writing break.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Glad I could help, Heidi! =)

    It really amazes me how many friends I have made on this blog.

    You're welcome, Keren. I think you've inspired me to write my own post about British vs American writing, btw.

    ReplyDelete