Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's next?

I'm turning in my manuscript today! *happy dance*

So what's next?

Well, I've got a few more days of Bath Festival stuff. Then I'm going to Dublin to celebrate! Can you imagine a more perfect place to celebrate finishing a book? I've never been, but have a good friend who lives there (which is perfect, because I've hardly thought about the trip).

I'll come back with lots of photos and stories to share, I'm sure.

After that? I had fantasies of doing some quickie revisions on my manuscript and sending it out to agents this fall. But that probably isn't going to happen. My tutor told me I'll get my feedback in late November, or early December.

I was so frustrated when I first heard that, but the more I think about it, the better it sounds. It gives me two solid months to work on something else. And November happens to be NaNoWriMo. Hmmm... I'll also have two months to forget Project Sparkle. Hopefully when she comes back, I can look at her with a fresh eye and tackle revisions more easily.*

As for what I'll work on next, I'm currently playing with two projects. I've had an insight into revising my middle grade ghost story, ADELE. However, it's tempting to start something completely different. I've begun brainstorming a new young adult paranormal. I'm playing my multi-tasking game again, waiting to see which manuscript takes me by the throat and won't let go. I'll keep you posted. For now, I'm just enjoying playing with words, brainstorming ideas, and stress-free writing.

Oh yeah, and I also need to sort out the non-writing part of my life. Probably get a job. Definitely need to get out of the house more than I did this summer!

What are you working on at the moment? What are your plans?

* I guess my manuscript's a girl. Like a ship or a land mass. She's certainly not a boy and I'm way too close to her to just call her it.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing! I'm 10k shy of finishing/adding to my novel. And beta reading two others. No party for me yet, but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's so nice to be getting close to the ending! Hope it's all downhill from here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on turning in your ms today! Have a fantastic time in Dublin! :) Unwind, let go, then come back refreshed to see what grabs you. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Andrea! This whole having fun thing is new and strange... but I think I could get used to it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Jacqui! Today is definitely a veg on the couch day!

    ReplyDelete