I usually have a rather annoyingly cheerful personality, but for various reasons these past several weeks have been rough.
A few years ago I bookmarked this article by Jamie Jefferson called "25 Instant Mood Lifters." I'm not really a self-improvement magazine type of person, but I continue to find these suggestions helpful. So I figured I'd share. Maybe someone else could use some help today, too.
Here are some of my favorite tips:
3. Think about how things would look if your life were perfect. Now imagine your life is just that way, and live out the rest of the day with that awareness.
10. Go outside. A few minutes of fresh air can do wonders for your mood.
12. Keep a gratitude journal, in which you write down things that you are thankful for. This is a great way to start and end each day. For a quick "pick-me-up," write as many gratitudes as you can in one minute. Don't think; just write.
19. Pour a cup of hot cocoa or a cup of coffee and read a favorite magazine for a few minutes.
22. Write down what's bothering you, as quickly as you can without stopping to think about it too much as you write. You can achieve a huge amount of clarity from this simple exercise.
What are some of your cures for feeling down?