Friday, November 5, 2010

Update 2: OctAnNoNaNoWriMowithNoGuilt-o

Yes, that's OctAnNoNaNoWriMowithNoGuilt-o, October and November National Novel Writing Month with No Guilt. Course, it's now November and I've scrapped all the work I did in October. But I'm keeping the acronym!

Thank you for the comments on my "Getting on the plot train" post. I've found your encouragement and suggestions really helpful. And so far they seem to be working.

Current word count: 3500 (roughly; I haven't typed up this morning's scribblings)

Progress on this new project (which is actually a complete rewrite and rehash of an old project) is going remarkably well. I don't know exactly where I'm going, but I have a general idea, a general plot, and a likeable character. And I'm enjoying it, which is more than I could say about Project Demo.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll reach 5000 words. Not bad for starting something new this Monday. It's not NaNo pace, but it's perfect NoGuilt-o pace.

How are your projects (NaNo or otherwise) coming along?

7 comments:

  1. 3500 sounds like a very decent wordcount to me. I wish I had half as much to show for my time just lately! I wish you all the best with your writing goals and I LOVE the idea of designated guilt-free writing time. I could use a bit of that myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anna! We all need to enjoy some pressure free writing sometimes, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about NANO, it is too much guilt for me- I am trying to get all the note cards I taped to the back of my door typed into a outline in Word- I realized I have to sketch out an idea like I do when I am drawing. Good luck to us both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a great word count! Some days will be more than others. Celebrate all victories!

    Christy
    (via Verla Kay)
    http://ChristysCreativeSpace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Celebrate all victories" is a great mantra, Christy! Thanks!

    Hmmm... Julia, I typed a reply to you, but apparently it's disappeared! Sorry about that! I'm so impressed by your door! I think NaNoWriMo does work out as a good reminder and encouragement to all of us to set goals in our writing. Best wishes to both of us indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also about guilt-free writing.

    I'm trying to finish two wips this winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, two wips this winter?! Good for you!

    It's been neat to see how many writers are using this month to be guilt free but encourage themselves to write more.

    ReplyDelete