Monday, February 7, 2011

Keeping busy

Some mornings it feels like the whole day is stretched in front of me, endless. The clock doesn't seem to move. It's a Tuesday or a Thursday, so I don't have a blog post to write. Crickets are chirping in my email. Endless time to write. Except I don't have a thing to say.

Other days I'm critiquing a novel, revising my query letter, outlining my plot, and taking notes from a book on craft. Plus I've got a blog post to write, a meeting to go to, a dentist appointment, and the fridge is empty.

It's good to be busy. Especially to be lucky enough to be busy with writing. But after a few weeks of it, I really wish things would slow down again.

The grass is always greener, isn't it?

What kind of writing week are you having? What kind of writing week do you wish you were having?

6 comments:

  1. I hear you sister! Am cutting back on sleep, it's the only way to get more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too true about the grass! LOL

    Writing - what's that? Did I have a work in progress, sometime, back in the day? :-P

    I am finally almost well but still not feeling 100%, and now it's a week of school holidays. My goals for the week are modest: get back in the blogging groove. If I can, take my own inspirational advice from my blog about getting back in the groove for working on my WIP, that's gravy.

    Next week though, nose meets grindstone.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina: NOOO! But sleep makes me so happy! Surely something else can go first? =)

    Elisabeth: Oh, I'm so glad to hear from you and to hear you're on the mend. What an ordeal this has been! And now school holidays! But maybe it will be good to ease into your schedule again and then really start tackling the writing next week? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a blogger -- not full time writer, this post makes me feel, well, more like a writer. I, too, am searching for time in the day to write, even if it is just a post about politics, my kids, my teaching, memories, or whatever else.

    Oh, for the days when time did seem to stretch before me. Now, I just wait until summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne! We're still a bit snuffly, but I think the really yucky stuff is gone - thank goodness! My muse even seems to be waking up....

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. P: Of course you're a writer! I'm amazed at how much you write on your blog! I find the blogging is a nice break from everything else, too. Ah for summer...

    Elisabeth: What an ordeal it sounds like it's been! And now your muse has arrived! Go you!

    ReplyDelete