Monday, June 13, 2011

Blogging hiatus

Have you ever been getting off a plane when you heard your name announced by the flight crew to report up front? An anxious dread settles in your stomach. Then when the message to my husband read, "Phone your father immediately," we knew what had happened.

Fortuitously, Phil and I were on our way back to Bristol, on a layover in Chicago, when we learned his grandmother had passed away that morning. We had just spent time with her a week ago, on another layover in Chicago, and though she had been sick for several months, we had a really nice visit, as she made sure to catch us up on all the family gossip, and remind us how much we loved each other.

So yeah... that's why I've hardly been on email, the blog posts stopped, etc. But thanks, as always, for all your support. It's so appreciated. I'm hoping to be back to regular posting in a week or so.

5 comments:

  1. Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about Phil's grandmother. How lucky you all were to connect and spend time together a week ago. It's sad when people don't get that closure. And how wonderful to be able to tell her how much you loved her.

    You're in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Phil's sad news, take your time, the blogging can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about Phil's grandmother. I was wondering how she was doing.

    Your family will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about this. My condolences to your husband.

    Girl Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind words. And yes, Andrea, it's so strange to feel lucky at a time like this, but I do. Very grateful things worked out timing-wise the way they did. And thanks, Keren, blogging CAN wait, and I appreciate you saying so.

    ReplyDelete