Friday, July 8, 2011

Jawless fish held their own

It's summer, it's Friday, and I have a ton of work to do on Project Demo. So I figured it was okay to have a short post today. And really, all I want to say is: why yes, that IS my husband, Philip Anderson, in the New York Times.

So proud.

Though he would want me to tell you the Scientific American article explains the research a bit more thoroughly. And the real achievement is having his paper published in the scientific journal Nature. Thanks to my excellent copy-editing skills, I'm sure.

The photos show a series of extinct and modern fish jaws. See the NY Times for more info (Powell, Anderson, Friedman).

8 comments:

  1. Cool! That's quite a credit to your husband.

    Here's to a productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KT! So excited to share! It's been sort of a productive day, but life keeps intervening! Better get back to work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Nice write-up. What a way to head into the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How totally awesome is that?!!! Way to go Phil (and Phil's copyeditor ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for an excuse to use "gnathostome" in a sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridgette: Aw, thanks. Yes, very excited over here!

    Elisabeth: Thanks! Nice to get some credit for my copy-editing skills, too! ;)

    Anne: Hah! Haven't we all?! =)

    ReplyDelete