Friday, September 23, 2011

Bath Festival of Children's Literature

The Bath Festival of Children's Literature opens tonight. Yay!

I posted more about the Festival last year, and some of the great talks I went to here and here, so I don't have much more to say. But if you're in the area, and have the chance to check out some of this year's talks, I highly recommend it!

I'll be volunteering at events featuring Dame Jacqueline Wilson (what a rock star author! I can't wait!), Caroline Lawrence, Geraldine McCaughrean, Melvin Burgess, David Almond, and Meg Rosoff (one of my favorite authors, I really can't wait!). Plus I'll be attending Bath Spa University's event, Writing for Children and Teenagers, featuring my tutor Julia Green, the amazing author in residence Marcus Sedgwick, and recent published graduates Samuel Gayton, Gill Lewis, and Karen Saunders.

It does mean life will be a little crazy, though, so I'll be posting less on the blog. But I'll be sure to share all my thoughts on the events and any tidbits I learn from these amazing authors.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, so many great authors -- especially Meg Rosoff. Love her. I can't wait to hear about it. I hope that you post pics too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Karen said. Let us know how this went. Wish I could go too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds fantastic, have an amazing time and don't forget to tell us all about it afterwards!

    Girl Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. Enjoy! I look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, I'll be sure to tell you all about it. I've only done one day so far (Saturday), and already I'm bursting with stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh AMAZING --- I'm sooo happy for you and can't wait for you to tell us all about it! Meg Rosoff! Jacqueline Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela: Aw, thanks, Angela. Meg Rosoff was AMAZING, so clever and funny and thought provoking. Wish I had had a notebook with me to scribble all of her insights down! Looking forward to sharing what I do remember soon, though!

    ReplyDelete