This seems to be my writing process:
1. Cool Idea.
2. Write a novel around Cool Idea.
3. Get feedback. Discover novel is an illogical mess.
4. Beat illogical mess into somewhat more coherent story that bears faint resemblance to Cool Idea.
5. Question entire premise.
6. Rediscover Cool Idea.
7. Watch all logic problems magically disappear in light of Cool Idea.
8. Revise and complete novel.
Now if I could only figure out how to condense these eight steps into numbers 1 and 8 alone, this whole process would be much more efficient, and I would be much more sane. But of course, the good news is that my subconscious is a lot smarter than I ever give it credit for being. It deserves some trust.
In summary, yes, I'm still working on Project Demo. It's beginning to look startlingly similar to my original vision. I'm very excited. After all, it was a pretty Cool Idea in the first place.
What does your creative process (writing or otherwise!) look like?