Thursday, October 11, 2012

Having fun revising Project Fun

I'm at that stage in the revision process where I'm actually enjoying myself. The setting feels so real, all the elements of the plot are coming together. I even got emotional alongside one of my characters yesterday.

This is the stage where I believe in the story. I study the calendar to figure out how quickly I can write the rest. I imagine some day Project Fun could be a real book.

It's also the stage where I expect disaster to strike at any moment: a huge, looming plot hole, or the realization that my character isn't the slightest bit sympathetic, or that the story isn't marketable, or... something. I search for it every day, trying to find it before it attacks me unawares.

But maybe, a tiny part of my brain whispers, maybe this time it will all work. Maybe this will be an easy book.

Have you ever written an easy book?

*The picture is mind, from a "spring break" trip to the Grand Canyon*

6 comments:

  1. "Have you ever written an easy book?"
    Nope.

    Enjoy this stage, Anne. I'm sort of briefly in it also. It's a roller-coaster ride... Up we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Oh well, at least I get to enjoy the ride with my fellow writers!

      Delete
  2. Easy? Is there such a thing? But you are in a good place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I was looking for some wishful thinking here! Grrrr! Ah well... I'll enjoy it for now at least! :)

      Delete
  3. That snow in your picutre is making me nervous. I guess it's the Southern in me.

    So glad to hear you're hitting your stride in your revision. Love that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! It was a little nerve-wracking trying to drive home in it, but the Northerner in me thinks it's so pretty. ;)

      It is a great feeling--so nice to share it with people who get it!

      Delete