Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A holiday and lurgy hiatus

For many years on this blog, the last week of posts has included my yearly writing stats (how many books I read, what genres, how many poc authors / main characters, etc) and my favorite books of the year.

I've always vaguely fretted that the stats aren't entirely accurate--after all, I usually have some free time over the holidays, and do a fair amount of reading. Well, this year that weird hang-up will be assuaged, because I'm not going to tackle these posts until January. Unfortunately, I've come down with the dreaded lurgy, and when I'm not blowing my nose, I'm hacking up a lung. I'm hoping if I burrow in bed for the next week and catch up on my reading and Downton Abbey watching, I'll be feeling much better by the time Christmas rolls around and I'm expected to engage with friends and family.

In the meantime, you can whet your appetite for my January post by checking out my reading stats for 2010 and 2011, and my favorite book posts from 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Here's hoping you're feeling much better than me. And a blessed holiday season to you and yours.

4 comments:

  1. Feel better! :) Next week, I'll also be lounging and reading.

    See you in January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen! Enjoy your reading time, and I'll see you in the new year!

      Delete
  2. I sure hope you're feeling better, Anne.
    I've been hearing so much about Downtown Abbey, I think I'll have to find time to check it out.
    Looking forward to those stats for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Ruth. Much better now!
      You really MUST watch Downton Abbey. The first episode of season 3 aired last night, and you can catch reruns for a week on PBS' website. Or you could do it properly and start with Season 1. But really, yes, it's such a guilty pleasure!

      And the stats are on the way this Tuesday! Thanks!

      Delete